Tuesday 18 March 2008

big black worms

I was so hungry, the endurance of PAP, RICE and cold baked beans was wearing very thin. I came home to see the stove with a pot; excited I lifted the lid- how I wish I hadn't.

A small scream and a backwards stumble meant any cultural 'sensitivity' went out the window...
BIG BLACK WORMS wiggling and cooking away. My host mum found this hiliarious I actually retched. I was no longer hungry..

I don't think I can keep up the Aktins diet in this place, hahahaahahah!

Went on a community visit for 2 days; treated like royalty. After dinner (pap, chicken, juice, coffee) they bought 4, yes 4 rounds of sandwichs.. I was already close to explosion point. Was good fun, the roads can be appalling.

I'm in Pretoria for Easter weekend so will provide decent emails and updates... promise.. x

No comments: